Dr. Shoshana Sokoloff Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shoshana Sokoloff?

Posted on January 22nd, 2015

Dr. Sokoloff is a godsend for my son. So grateful for her thoughtful care.

Posted on October 18th, 2011

It seems very weird to fill out a form like this to me. But I will simply say that Dr Sokoloff has been a great psychiatrist for me for a whole lot of reasons. I've seen a lot of psychiatrists in my day, I think she really has restored my faith in the profession in a lot of ways. She has encouraged me persistently to think about my mental health in the context of my life as a whole, not just in our meetings but in her referrals to books, organizations, and other community resources (including a peer-led support group with a somewhat anti-psychiatry tone, a space that was incredibly supportive and helpful for me during my recovery.) She is one of the few doctors I have had that seems to be keeping up with ongoing research in her field in any coherent way, and while she is a firm believer in traditional medical treatment, she is also open to and pursuing her own education in alternative and holistic treatments, including supplements. When I have been in crisis in the past she has been there for me and helped get me back on track, whether by way of the hospital or not. She also works very well with my therapist, and my other doctors, whose treatments inevitably have some interaction with my mental health as well. She's also been very helpful with referrals, and I'd bet that if she doesn't have space in her practice she might help you find someone who does. She has a private practice without an office. I am sorry for patients who have struggled with working with her, the truth is that what works for one person doesn't work for another. I hope my description of my treatment with Dr. Sokoloff will help you decide whether she would be a good psychiatrist for you.

Posted on October 18th, 2010

Dr. Sokoloff has provided treatment/care that has facilitated my own ability to care for myself well.

scam doctor

Posted on September 16th, 2010

Sokoloff has no insight and just offers pills and pop psychology of "self-esteemism"

Posted on October 24th, 2016