Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shumin Zhao has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Shumin Zhao has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Shumin Zhao is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
She spends 10 minutes with me. Does not listen to my chief complaint or address my chief complaint with medication or any other type of help. For this 10 minutes she is compensated $198.00 between my insurance and my part. Very lucrative for 10 minutes and no help. I have see her over 25 times. I am going to another practice.
Dr. Zhao has been my psychiatrist for 12 years. At first she seemed a little cold, but as I have come to know her over the years, she has been very kind to me. I've had difficulty communicating with her a few times, but it was resolved quickly. She is not a psychotherapist. She will refer you to a therapist for that part of treatment. She has helped me a great deal with prescribed medication and I am grateful for that. I would recommend her to others, but understand that her demeanor can appear a little short until you get to know her.
Dr. Zhao is has a cold demeanor. She does not seem to spend much time getting to know the patient or understand what is going on in the life of the patient. There seems to be little attention paid to the general physical health of the patient. Drugs are the cure. Little attention is paid to the overall health of the patient. Reaching outside of appointment time is nearly impossible. Look for a more compassionate, comprehensive psychiatrist.
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Wayne State University
Dr. Shumin Zhao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shumin Zhao in this video.
Dr. Shumin Zhao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Okemos, MI.