More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shyam Bhaskar MD
Dr. Shyam Bhaskar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hanford, CA, with another office in Visalia, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Bhaskar is affiliated with Kaweah Delta Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Shyam Bhaskar has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Shyam Bhaskar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Shyam Bhaskar has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 18
Staff is terrible
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shyam Bhaskar - Posted on December 11th, 2018
I have been to this office once. Never saw the doctor. Only his nurse practitioner. She seemed nice. But the staff is extremely incompetent. They lost information I gave them needed to fax over my supplies needed for my feeding tube. I have called to have them correct my medical insurance information. But they haven't changed it yet. They seem as though they are just there for a paycheck. No concern for their patients. Looking for a new doctor. The nurse practitioner put in referrals for me to see a couple of specialists. That was 2 months ago. These referrals are extremely important to my health problems.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shyam Bhaskar - Posted on December 3rd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shyam Bhaskar - Posted on July 27th, 2018
Dr. Great, staff incompetant
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shyam Bhaskar - Posted on June 13th, 2018
Dr. Bhaskar is one of the best doctors around, but his staff is the worst. We just experienced the fourth cancellation without notification in the past six months. Even though I gave the office both our home phone and cell phone, we did not receive a call or email reminding us of the appointments. Even my hairdresser has a reminder system that lets me press 1 to verify an appointment. This is just unacceptable. They are quick to point out that you will be charged for a missed appointment, but somehow our time is not valuable. I am changing doctors.
Caring and concerned
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shyam Bhaskar - Posted on July 11th, 2016
Dr. Bhaskar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Kilpauk Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Shyam Bhaskar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shyam Bhaskar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hanford, CA.