Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shyam C Shivdasani
Dr. Shyam C Shivdasani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Rochelle, NY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Shivdasani is affiliated with Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital and Mount Sinai Beth Israel. Dr. Shivdasani has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Shyam C Shivdasani has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
My husband has been a patient of Dr. Shivdasani for many years. It was he who told me that I should consider him as my internist due to the quality of care and expertise he provides. I thought what do I have to lose? Long story short, after my first visit I have remained Dr. Shivdasani's patient. While I understand that the wait can be a bit long at times, we must all consider that it is his sincere concern about his patients that prolongs the visit. I know that I'd rather he spend the time he does listening to me and doing his best to help me with my health issues as he does for everyone, than to have any of the other physicians who spend no real quality time and even mistake you at times for other patients, due to their lack of interest in your care. Dr. Shivdasani not only cares about your health, but he actually knows his patients. I find making a healthcare decision based on someone's staff ridiculous because ultimately they are not the one's overseeing your care. I highly recommend Dr. Shivdasani to anyone looking for excellent quality care.
Dr. Shyam Shivdasani was great!!!!! but the waiting time and appointment scheduling was terrible. The staff in front are rude and unprofessional completely. If you can deal with long waits even with appointments scheduled and with the rude staff that has no customer service skills then you will be only happy with the Dr....That is the only reason I deal with it
Dr. Shivdasani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Topiwala National Medical College
Graduated in 1990
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Dr. Shyam C Shivdasani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBeth Israel Medical Center, 140 Lockwood Ave Ste 216, New Rochelle, NY
Dr. Shyam C Shivdasani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Rochelle, NY.