Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shyamala Parimi
Dr. Shyamala Parimi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hackettstown, NJ. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Parimi is affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackettstown Regional Medical Center and Warren Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Shyamala Parimi has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Shyamala Parimi has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 12
Please do not use this doctor. My whole family is in the medical field and I'm pretty easy going when it comes to doctors, but this was ridiculous. Her Secretary was completely inept and rude. The doctor did not return any phone calls even in an emergency. She left me on a table in the hospital waiting for surgery because she over slept, but never called anyone to let them know. She also made fun of me for being in an abusive relationship when I was younger! This has to be the worst doctor I have ever been to. If you value your body mind and sanity, please stay away.
I was unsure if Dr. Parimi was who I wanted to deliver my baby. She couldn't remember my name, if I had a vaginal or cesarean for my first child, never checked the chart before I came in, would walk in late with 3 people scheduled for the first appt. of the day and say we were early and many other things that I didn't like. I finally decided to make an appt. with another Dr. just to see my options and called Parimi's office to reschedule with her for the following week. I was told Dr. Parimi would be out of the office for 3 weeks. This was about a month before my due date. She never said anything to me! Her backup Dr. is an old man I had never seen before. I couldn't believe she would do this to a woman that was about to have a baby. I guess she really does not care about her patients feelings! She has no human compassion.
I've been a patient of Dr. Parimi for about 20 years and I've followed her through her moves to different locations and practices. She delivered both of my children. She's very bright and professional. She may not come across as a warm and fuzzy person and some people could be put off by that. But she knows what's she's doing and she provides good medical care. She takes the time to listen and answers my questions. I have no problem recommending her to anyone who's looking for a female OB/GYN.
Dr. Parimi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hackensack University Medical Center
Hackettstown Regional Medical Center
36 Years Experience
Madras Medical College
Graduated in 1977
New Rochelle Hospital
Dr. Shyamala Parimi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsDr S Parimi LLC, 2020 State Route 57, Hackettstown, NJ
Dr. Shyamala Parimi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackettstown, NJ.