Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shyamashree Sengupta
Dr. Shyamashree Sengupta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Brunswick, NJ. Her specialties include Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Sengupta is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. Dr. Sengupta has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Shyamashree Sengupta has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Shyamashree Sengupta has the following 5 expertise
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Fetal Ultrasound
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Shyamashree Sengupta has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shyamashree Sengupta is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 54
I saw her while visiting focus obstetrics group in edison for my usg. After discovering on usg that I had twins she immediately advised usg once every two weeks. My insurance doesnt cover usg and the priceper usg is $270. She is a very polite, knowledgeable and intelligent dr. But her advice made me uneasy. At that rate we would be in medical debt even before the babies would have arrived. She gave similar advice of weekly usg to my friend who had a miscarriage. This is the only reason I donot trust in her.
I Don't see any issues with this doctor. she is very experience and attends the patients with politeness and kind.
I went to Dr. Sengupta for my pregnancy that I got through IVF. At first I went to a different clinic, but I was highly dissatisfied by their lack of care. They only spent like no more than 5 minutes and reluctant to answer my questions. They even missed my low level of vitamin D, which Dr. Sengupta immediately noticed from the blood work and gave me supplements to make up the low level. On the other hand, Dr. Sengupta was very patient and each of my questions was answered. She eased all my worries and made me feel I was in good hand. And I truly was. I highly recommend her.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sengupta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Peters Medical Center
Dr. Shyamashree Sengupta accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Peters University Hospital, 254 Easton Ave, New Brunswick, NJ
Dr. Shyamashree Sengupta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Brunswick, NJ.