Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shyamsundar S Rajan
Dr. Shyamsundar S Rajan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Silver Spring, MD. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rajan is affiliated with Suburban Hospital and Adventist Healthcare Washington Adventist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Shyamsundar S Rajan has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Geriatric Medicine
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
- Dementia Testing
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Rajan is extremely arrogant. He seems to think he is all knowing, all encompassing. If there was a GOD of doctors it would be him.His bedside manner is atrocious and patient concerns are wasted on him. He will merely do what he thinks his best; simply ignore or not even acknowledge input from patient or their loved ones.My mom has been his patient for quite some time and he has frequently misbehaved with me (her only daughter).I don't even know if changing doctors is worth it; seems they are all sort of alike.
Great overall experience at this office. Even better yet, they referred me to a local diagnostic imaging facility/office for a mri yesterday at (Capital Imaging in Bethesda, MD) for my shoulder, and it was the best experience I ever had! From having my own dedicated parking spot number on arrival, curb side assistance, no wait time on arrival, they bent over backwards to make me feel comfortable, and the staff and tech were all very courteous, great job Dr. Rajan S & Capital Imaging.
Dr. Rajan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Medical College
Dr. Shyamsundar S Rajan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSunitha Bhogavilli Md Pc, 9801 Georgia Ave Ste 117, Silver Spring, MD
Dr. Shyamsundar S Rajan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.