Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shyamsunder Subramanian has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Sleep Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 2 of 2
My husband saw this doctor. My husband was losing weight, not eating unable to breath normal. Had a horrible cough. We were referred to this Doctor. He came in, didn't even touch him. He first words was he was 95% sure he had cancer. He turned our family lives upside down. He ordered a pet scan and biospy and guess what not cancer. He then came back and said he was 95% sure it was a rare BOOP. Guess what not that either. He prescribed some medicine as my husband was getting worse and said come back in 3 weeks. Within 24 hours my husband was in the emergency with Doctors trying to save his life. I would not recommend this Doctor at all. Thank God we have Stockton, Stanford and Modesto to go to.
24 Years Experience
Seth Gs Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. Shyamsunder Subramanian accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTracy Specialty Care Center, 441 W Eaton Ave, Tracy, CA
Dr. Shyamsunder Subramanian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tracy, CA.