Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sibel A Klimstra
Dr. Sibel A Klimstra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in White Plains, NY, with other offices in New York, NY and New York, NY . She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Psychiatryttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr, Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Sibel A Klimstra has 3 locations
21 Bloomingdale Rd
White Plains, NY 10605
Book Online Now
Dr. Sibel A Klimstra has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Sibel A Klimstra has the following 14 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Sibel A Klimstra is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
30 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Sibel A Klimstra Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Sibel A Klimstra's office for more information.
21 Bloomingdale Rd White Plains, NY : (914) 997-5807
1300 York Ave New York, NY : (212) 746-1067
445 E 69th St Rm 328BOX New York, NY : (914) 997-5807
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sibel A Klimstra is similar to the following 4 Doctors near White Plains, NY.