Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Siddhartha A Acharya
Dr. Siddhartha A Acharya, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Texas City, TX. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Acharya is affiliated with UTMB Galveston (John Sealy) and CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Siddhartha A Acharya has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Siddhartha A Acharya has the following 26 expertise
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Vascular Disease
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Siddhartha A Acharya is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
This doctor has absolutely no bedside manner. He is not professional, taking 3 other calls on his cell phone and discussing their health issues while in the room with me. He will not speak to you like a human being, but rather slams his computer shut and storms out of the room if you ask questions. I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to him!!
My father was recently in the hospital with heart problems. Dr. Acharya ordered a stress the hospital then made the mistake of letting my father eat. So the test had to wait for the next day. My father waited over an hour hooked up and ready for the test. The tech called the doctor three times even telling us that the doctor should have been there by now. My father a diabetic who had not eaten in over 12 hours left the hospital AMA due to the doctor not showing up in a timely manner for the test he ordered.
Dr. Acharya is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Siddhartha A Acharya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Specialists, 6807 Emmett F Lowry Expy Ste 108, Texas City, TX
Dr. Siddhartha A Acharya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Texas City, TX.