Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sidharth C Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 23
After reading all the positive reviews I decided to schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel. I was having burning/aching through my sides, back, and abs and informed him it was similar to pain I had been having in my knees for over a year. He determined that it wasn't related and that I had acid reflux, despite never having food allergies in my life and the fact that the pain doesn't correlate with eating at all. When I told him that doesn't seem right, it feels more like a muscular pain, not like it's internal, his response was, quote, "Well, what do you think it is then?" Unbelievable, I thought it was a joke, or that he would offer up other possibilities, but that was it. I was blown away, if I knew what was wrong, I wouldn't go to the doctors. He then refused to offer any other possibilities, ignored my questions, talked like a robot into a tape recorded for 5 minutes saying things like "patient is experiencing flatulence" (which I wasn't, and never mentioned) and left. It ended up costing me over $100 out of pocket even with my insurance and all I got was a prescription for anti-acid medication. I took it cause I was desperate, and of course it did nothing. Found out later that, lo and behold, it was a muscular problem, but not until after seeing another doctor who actually deserves to hold a PhD. He seemed nice enough, so I'm sure if you have a kid with a cold he's just fine, but don't expect him to diagnose anything out of the ordinary. I should've known better when I went in the office and there wasn't a single person waiting to see him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Anderson Area Medical Center
Dr. Sidharth C Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsParadigm Medical Servicespc, 110 Perpetual Sq, Anderson, SC
Dr. Sidharth C Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anderson, SC.