The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sidney B Smith has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Worst experience I have ever had. I went to Dr. Smith because I had a suspicious mole. While the doctor and his assistant were removing the mole to have it tested l had to listen to them spout their political views. When I went back in to get the results of the biopsy I was lead into an exam room and told "You have cancer, the doctor will be in to talk to you about it". I was left in the room for 20minutes to contemplate this information. When the "doctor" came in he proceeded to give me the worst case scenario and told me I needed to get my affairs in order. I went to another doctor for the rest of my treatment. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy.
I liked Dr. Smith and his Physicians Assistant Troy Davis. I mostly see the PA for my psoriasis. We have tried several medications and have done several excisions of other lesions and also to confirm the Dx the first time. I have severe sun damage to my skin and neither one of them has done a decent overall inspection of my skin, I have been disappointed in that. This is the Tri-Cities, the doctors at the top of their field do not come here! Go to Seattle or Spokane if you feel you have a deep concern like melanoma that no one is addressing. Yes, I have met folks with melanoma that were incorrectly diagnosed here by several doctors. One of my friends died of melanoma because of poor Dx done here. Good luck.
Don't waste your time or money! DermaHealth was awful! They were suppose to get a pre-authorization for a procedure from my insurance. After calling them three time to figure out why it was taking so long, I just gave up. Still haven't heard back from them. They also recommended an expensive procedure that insurance wouldn't cover. I went to a different dermatologist and got another procedure done that was cheaper and covered by insurance. They were, however, very prompt with the bill.
20 Years Experience
Ponce School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Sidney B Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermahealth Dermatology And Dermasurgery, 1305 Fowler St, Richland, WA
Dr. Sidney B Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richland, WA.