Dr. Sidney L Myles Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Sidney L Myles?

very disappointing

Dr. Myles is very uninformed about the medicine he prescribes. I soon found out that a drug he prescribed me as needed for severe anxiety attacks (buspar) does not work as needed, and should be taken at the same time every single day in order to work. Dr. Myles also put me on Wellbutrin and Celexa for my depression and general anxiety, even though I had informed him of bad interactions with ssris. He was insistent on this treatment. After a few weeks I was having severe side effects (numbness in limbs and extreme headaches). My GP said this was probably serotonin sickness from the SSri - the one I had assured him would cause problems, as zoloft and lexapor had made me extremely ill before. When I called Dr. Myles he told me to stop taking it immediately. When I went back for my monthly checkup, I told him that my GP instructed me that buspar should be used daily and consistently to work. This caused my paranoia and anxiety to decrease drastically, but because of PTSD I was still having extreme panic attacks. For the panic attacks I was given Doxepin. Dr. Myles exact words were "if I remember correctly, this can be used to treat panic attacks". I quickly found that doxepin impaired me when I took it for panic attacks, resulting in my anxiety increasing. I was then told by a friend that taking a drug like Ativan could be used to panic attacks. Dr. Myles flat out refused to even discuss this method. He said that if the doxepin and buspar didn't stop panic attacks, he would take me off of wellbutrin and buspar (the two drugs that had improved my life SO much) and put me on an SSRI only treatment. I knew then that I had to find another doctor. Dr. Myles was more devoted to his personal preference to consider treatments that were proven to improve panic attacks and PTSD symptoms. Would NOT recommend to anyone with PTSD and especially not those who have anxiety attacks. This doctor will not help you if SSRI's do not work, and doesn't show confidence in his belief that his own ideas will yield positive results.

He made me wait 45 minutes while I over heard him goofing off with the patient in the room next door. He did not spend more than ten minutes with me when he finally came to my exam room. There is nothing pro fessional about his office.

Not the Dr. For us.

He appears very smart and spouts his knowledge frequently. He has poor bedside manner. His computer has his sole attention while he asked the patient questions. We were his patients for two years and it was always the same experience. The visits were for medical internist. The office staff changes frequently. Billing service messed up our statements frequently.

Dr. Myles began treating my husband in the Fall of 2005. He has demonstrated commitment to my entire family since that time. My husband was diagnosed with a very rare disease. Dr. Myles was able to identify the disease, facilitate consultations with indicated specialists, as well as provide support for our family that goes beyond what would be commonly expected. His level of commitment, in our case, has been phenomonenal.

THE BEST

Dr. Myles is a God-send. I have been seeing him since he came to Hickory and he is awesome! Unfortunately, I have had more than my share of doctor visits and I have NEVER met another doctor anywhere who has any better qualities than he does whether I am seeing him as an Internist or Psychiatrist and I do both. God Bless him...

I have never had such a caring doctor in my life.

Number 1 Physician

Dr. Myles is my internist and psychiatrist so I see him quite often. He is the most caring, concerned, knowledgeable physician I have ever met. After seeing three other psychiatrist before him, I found out about him while looking for an internist, and found out after a couple visits about his practicing psychiatry. This man has literally saved my life. He always knows exactly what to say for me to live my life and want to. He is an awesome man and will always be my God-sent "Angel". My husband and daughter feel the same way and now see him, too. We could use more people and physicians like him!