Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Sidney L Vinson
Dr. Sidney L Vinson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, AR. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vinson is affiliated with Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Vinson has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sidney L Vinson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sidney L Vinson has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Sidney L Vinson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sidney L Vinson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 19
I have been very impressed with Dr. Vinson. He was thorough, explained well, checked in with me before and after the procedure, and has not stopped at the standard tests after finding nothing, but is actively looking for an explanation of my symptoms. Too many doctors follow Medicare protocol and then wash their hands of you if the standard test is negative. Not so with Dr. Vinson. In addition he has a very nice bedside manner and his team are also efficient and helpful.
I have been so sick for a year now. I underwent an upper GI by Dr. Vinson. Nothing... Dr. Vinson had a hunch that I might have glad bladder problems. He scheduled me for an ultrasound for the very next day. My lab results came back a day later... My entire gall bladder must be removed and I have been bleeding inside. Dr. Vinson saved my life and my job! I had been so sick for so long! Thank you, Dr. Vinson.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vinson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Sidney L Vinson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFAYETTEVILLE DIAGNOSTIC CLINIC, 3344 N Futrall Dr, Fayetteville, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sidney L Vinson, MD - Gastroenterology in Fayetteville, AR, in this video.
Dr. Sidney L Vinson is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Fayetteville, AR.