Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sidney W Wang has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Wang has been our family doctor ever since we moved to Kansas a little over 10 years ago, and he has been an absolute God send ever since we fist began seeing him. Our family has grown to respect and care for this man a great deal as a result of the compassion, reliability, and quality of care he has provided to each member of our family over the past decade. In fact, if not for this man I am 100% confident that my Mother would not be alive today. She has battled with chronic alcoholism for the past 15 years or so and Dr. Wang has patiently and persistently helped to guide her through some of her darkest hours. About 2-3 years ago, she had been drinking and decided to climb on top of a chair to reach something on one of our top shelves. She passed out while standing and crashed into the ground headfirst without anything to break her fall. My father heard the crash and dialed 911 immediately. The internal bleeding in the back of her head was showing no signs of letting up. It was clear that she had suffered a stroke all ready, although Dr's were unsure whether the internal bleeding had cause the stroke or the stroke occurred prior to the fall. One thing was certain however, if the internal bleeding did not stop, she was certainly going to die. At the time they weren't even sure if she was going to live regardless of if it did stop, but they knew she at the very least had a greater chance of survival. My father called Dr. Want the first chance that he could and Dr. Wang was at the hospital in a matter of minutes despite the ungodly hour. The hospitals presiding physician was insisting that my Mother remain on her blood thinners since she had stints in her heart and clotting of the blood in her head could be particularly dangerous. Dr. Wang advised our family that in his professional opinion, this was the absolute wrong decision. Dr. Wang had never steered us wrong before, so we decided to take his advice and order the resident physicians recommendations be disregarded and advised the staff that Dr. Wang was to have full say in what decisions were to be made to keep our Mother alive. After a few days, it was clear that she was going to survive and that the right decisions had been made. During those several days, Dr. Wang visited as frequently as possible to check on the well-being of not only my mother but our entire family. Several of the nurses even commented to us that they had never seen a family Dr. so dedicated to the care of an individual patient. One physician even informed us that if Dr. Wang had not taken a stand to get my Mother off of those blood thinners so early, she would have likely bled out and died. If you are looking for a doctor that genuinely cares about your well-being and the well-being of your loved ones, Dr. Wang is beyond a shadow of a doubt the Doctor you are looking for.
Dr. Wang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Sidney W Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSidney W Wang Md, 8901 W 74th St Ste 148, Overland Park, KS
Dr. Sidney W Wang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.