More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Siegfried Mayer
Dr. Siegfried Mayer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Mayer is affiliated with Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Concourse Division Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Fulton Division and Bronx Lebanon Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Siegfried Mayer has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Siegfried Mayer has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Siegfried Mayer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Siegfried Mayer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Mayer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Concourse Division Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Fulton Division
Bronx Lebanon Hospital
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center - Fulton Division
Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center of New York
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Montefiore Medical Center: Weiler Division
Jacobi Medical Center
Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
Montefiore Medical CenterJack D Weiler Hosp Of A Einstein College Div
Montefiore Medical Center
- Universite De Lausanne
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Siegfried Mayer accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsMount Hope Medical Group, 1870 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY
Dr. Siegfried Mayer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.