More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Siegfried Schweighofer Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
We have been going to Dr. Schweighofer for almost 4 years now. I went through a few different pediatricians with my daughter until I found one I liked. Now I bring my son to see him too. My son had some complications when he was born and Dr. Schweighofer made sure that he was updated daily from the hospital and was super happy to see the baby once he was finally able to come home. He always takes time to answer my questions my daughter (3.5yrs) absolutely love him. The nurses in the office are very polite and friendly and also always remembers my kids. If there is an emergency I never have a problem getting in to see them. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a caring pediatrician.
My two children have been seeing Dr. Schweighofer since they were born. My son loves Dr. Schweighofer, he has quite a repoire with the kids. More importantly he has handled every situation with great and thorough care. I have found him to be proactive with preventive medicine as well. I have come across others that have him as a doctor and I have never heard a negative comment about him.
If you don't care about staff quality or "bedside" manner - this is the Doctor for you. All Business - no real caring for the human patient. Just tell him the problem so he can issue pills and run to the next patient's room. I would be amazed if he even remembered our child's name 5 minutes after her visit with him.
Dr. Schweighofer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Siegfried Schweighofer Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsClinton Preferred Pediatrics, 15500 19 Mile Rd Ste 300, Clinton Township, MI
Dr. Siegfried Schweighofer Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clinton Township, MI.