Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Silvia Y Alvarez De Leon MD
Dr. Silvia Y Alvarez De Leon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in Cedar Rapids, IA. Her specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Silvia Y Alvarez De Leon has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Silvia Y Alvarez De Leon has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Silvia Y Alvarez De Leon has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Silvia Y Alvarez De Leon is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
- Universidad De San Carlos
Metropolitan Hospital Center
Dr. Silvia Y Alvarez De Leon Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Silvia Y Alvarez De Leon's office for more information.
1901 1st Ave New York, NY : (212) 423-6262
788 8th Ave SE Ste 200 Cedar Rapids, IA : (319) 377-6065
Locations & Directions
Dr. Silvia Y Alvarez De Leon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.