Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Silvia C Cardenas Zegarra has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Pulmonology
A pediatric pulmonologist is the go-to resource for children who need treatment for any kind of breathing issue or lung disease. If your child coughs up blood, has a cough that isn’t going away, or displays other symptoms such as trouble breathing, chest pain or wheezing, you can ask your doctor to refer you to a pediatric pulmonologist.
Common conditions and diseases they treat range from noisy breathing, asthma and chronic coughs to lung disease, apnea and cystic fibrosis. They can also diagnose and treat cases of pneumonia in children and prescribe any kind of respiratory medication or equipment your child might need.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Cystic Fibrosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Usually we are only waiting for maybe 15 mins. That particular day I am pretty sure she had poor staffing. They were not helpful and could care less if you waiting 2 hrs. The Dr. herself express how sorry she was and said that this was not acceptable. She was very upset with the staff. Dr. Cardenas is a very professional and courtesty Dr. I would highly recommend her.
sometimes when being introduced to a new doctor, 1st impressions might lean toward appealing looks. one might think negatively of the doctor's ability to serve you. however, DO NOT allow the Peruvian sex appeal of Dr. Sylvia Cardenas cloud your judgement of this doctor's impeccable discipline of medicine. my son has chronic eczema, chronic allergies, & chronic asthma. all 3 are atypical. meaning, all 3 play on one another. one gets out of line, the others act up as well. so, this means Dr. Cardenas has to keep in mind the other 2 conditions besides my son's asthma. trust me, she's at the top of her game. you can see the gears work in her head by merely watching the look in her eyes. she's quick & decisive. very accurate. very humble & loving to the patient. her bedside manor is above & beyond. i have total trust when she's caring for my son. thank you Dr. Cardenas. you've helped my son improve his health & quality of life this past year since he's moved in with me.
Dr. Silvia C Cardenas Zegarra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Silvia C Cardenas Zegarra in this video.
Dr. Silvia C Cardenas Zegarra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.