Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Silvia Collazo DO
Dr. Silvia Collazo, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Monterey Park, CA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Silvia Collazo has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Silvia Collazo has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
Dr. Silvia Collazo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Silvia Collazo - Posted on March 1st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Silvia Collazo - Posted on September 17th, 2015
Dr. Collazo was excellent, she was thorough. She asked questions to understand what was going on. she kept excellent record of all my visits, tests, prescriptions. etc. She always followed up after my visits, and she always mailed by results of tests ordered by her. She always answered my questions. And most importantly, she took the time to answer my phone calls, or call me back, if she was busy at the time of my call. She was very direct, in her diagnosis. She also would make sure that as a patient I understood the consequences, if any, if I did not follow directions/take medications as prescribed.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Silvia Collazo - Posted on August 3rd, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Silvia Collazo - Posted on February 24th, 2012
Poor services mainly rooted mainly the reception area or woman answering the phone. There is no follow up, too many balls get dropped, and if medical testing is not needed, this Dr. will use her imagination just so she can continue to milk the insurance company. But my biggest complaint is the incompetence from the receptionist.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Silvia Collazo - Posted on November 5th, 2011
21 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1998
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Silvia Collazo Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
More about Dr. Silvia Collazo
Silvia Collazo, DO, MPh, is board certified in family practice and geriatric medicine. Dr. Collazo earned her medical degree at the Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, Calif. She completed her internship and residency at the Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, Calif., where she also completed a geriatric fellowship. Dr. Collazo enjoys being able to treat "the whole patient" by considering not only their health, but also their social and spiritual concerns. She describes herself as a good listener. She enjoys weight training and crafts in her spare time. English, Dr. Collazo is fluent in Spanish.
Locations & DirectionsHEALTHCARE PARTNERS, 880 S Atlantic Blvd Ste 101, Monterey Park, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Silvia Collazo, DO - Geriatric Medicine in Monterey Park, CA, in this video.
Dr. Silvia Collazo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Monterey Park, CA.