Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Silvia D Degli Esposti has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Big problem with getting follow-up appointments. They changed my appointment 3 times because the doctor was out of the country. I find this very annoying and ended up canceling the last appointment they gave me as it made me very frustrated. Also, their staff "screwed" up getting a refill to my pharmacy and blamed it on their new office location, which is a lie, because it was filled before while they were at their new location. I hate being lied to!
I had another gi dr who was a male physician but just didnt give me the best care, so I switched to dr esposti and wow what a difference!!! She is very understanding, caring and his alot of compassion for not only me but for all of her patients. He staff is amazing at both locations, they take tbeir time and listen to your concerts. Also they answer the phone so polietly. Thats important. I feel that this is what more physicians need to pay attention to in rhode island.
Rhode Island Hospital
Locations & Directions
Dr. Silvia D Degli Esposti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.