Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Silvia P Fernandez
Dr. Silvia P Fernandez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lake Worth, FL, with other offices in Miami, FL and Miami, FL (and 2 other locations). She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Fernandez is affiliated with Jfk Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Silvia P Fernandez has 5 locations
5511 S Congress Ave Ste 105
Lake Worth, FL 33462
Book Online Now
Dr. Silvia P Fernandez has the following 4 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Psychosomatic Medicine
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Silvia P Fernandez has the following 14 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Silvia P Fernandez is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Fernandez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Universidad De Monterrey (Udem)
Graduated in 2001
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Silvia P Fernandez Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Silvia P Fernandez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lake Worth, FL.