Dr. Simeon A Lauer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Simeon A Lauer?

Doc

Great Doctor. very nice guy. took care of me with no problems and called after to follow up multiple times

Excellent surgeon

Suffered an eye injury and was referred to dr lauer. Able to see me promptly, called me personally to discuss my options with very knowledgeable recommendations. Just out of surgery and so far so good. Excellent hands with tons of experience.

Very nasty office help.

Chastising for wanting a second opinion, rude, patronizing, did not even look at my eyes and diagnosed that I did not have an issue.

This is the worst doctor's visit I have ever attended. I recently had surgery on my tear duct, 3 stitches were put in at the end. However, I noticed that a flap of skin had been completely left loose and I no longer had a punctal opening.I was not informed by the first doctor that these would be part of the results. Concerned, I went to Dr. Lauer to get a second opinion on whether anything should be done with this flap of skin, why it was left there in the first place, etc. He basically chastised me for even wanting a second opinion, without even examining my eyes, said it was "irrelevant" whether I even had dry eye (even though the Lasik surgeons had diagnosed me with it, and 2 other doctors since in the last 4 years whenever I've had a check-up) Irrelevant because "Everyone who has Lasik surgery has corneal scratching and permanent pain afterwards" so therefore I should be grateful it had turned out well. I did not go to Dr. Lauer to feel grateful about my lasik surgery, I was very happy with it, I went simply wanting to know if this flap of skin dangling into my eye was a problem and what could be done to correct it. He was incredibly patronizing, condescending, said I would "live a life of misery" if I continued to try to mess with my treatment. He was completely unprofessional, methodical to a fault in taking notes on an issue from four years ago that had been completely resolved (the lasik surgery) without being able or willing to address my current condition. I have never encountered a doctor that is so dismissive, rude, and with such control issues that he chastises a patient for wanting to know what is going on with the results of a surgery. Unacceptable.

excellent, caring physician