Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Simon H Chough
Dr. Simon H Chough, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Monongahela, PA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Chough is affiliated with Upmc Mckeesport Hospital and Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital. Dr. Chough has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Simon H Chough has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Chest Pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Failure
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Shortness of Breath
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 5 of 12
I am very pleased with Dr Chough and his staff, He is very nice and takes time to explain things and listens to your concerns and will discuss them to make you feel at ease. His office staff is very friendly and kind, always have a smile and willing to help with any questions or concerns you have and are very prompt when returning calls.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Chough is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Simon H Chough accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentury Cardiac Care, 1290 Chess St, Monongahela, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Simon H Chough in this video.
Dr. Simon H Chough is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monongahela, PA.