Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Simon K Lo has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 20
I had a very serious condition that required Dr. Lo's expertise. He was out of town at the time & I was given an appt. for 21/2 months later. 2 weeks later I was back in hospital and Dr. Lo had just flown in- he stayed til midnight operating on me and keep checking on me in recovery multiple times. Great surgeon and human being totally dedicated to his work!
He is top in his field, both an innovator and leader. After 2 years of pancreatic attacks, he diagnosed and significantly reduced the occurrence of these attacks. When I had lost all hope, he was my angel. He also likely found the root cause through genetic testing, whereas others were unable. God bless you Dr. Lo.
My husband was being treated by him. I had questions and he totally dismissed me. He was eager to do surgery on my husband and almost did a procedure that my husband expressly did not want to have. Fortunately, he checked the paperwork prior to the procedure. He's one of those doctors who has a "God" complex. His associates were far better that Dr. Lo.
Dr. Lo and his Staff were amazing!!! Thou, Dr. Lo doesn't spend a lot of time with his patients after surgery, his staff more than makes up for it. They came to my daughters room 3-4 times a day and kept Dr. Lo informed about patient's condition. His diagnosis was spot on and my daughter had immediate pain relief right after the surgery. His has put an end to over 2 years of my daughter's pain!!! Thank you Dr. Lo!!!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
36 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1982
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Simon K Lo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCedars-Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Simon K Lo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.