Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Simon S Lipetz has the following 1 specialty
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
Showing 5 of 27
I JUST HAVE TO SAY HE IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AS A DR. AND THE STAFF IS WORSE. WHAT KIND OF DR. HANGS UP ON A PATIENT AFTER HE TELLS HER SHE HAS TO SAY PLEASE AND WHEN I DID NOT HE HUNG UP ON ME. THE STAFF DOES NOT GIVE HIM MESSAGES WHEN I CALLED NUMEROUS TIMES. I WAIT OVER AN HOUR IN THE WAITNG ROOM FOR A 5 MINUTE VISIT ARE YOU SERIOUS. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO HIM AGAIN.
Gave x-ray in office and Dr. Lipetz read it completely incorrectly. When I came back the following week with pain he reviewed the x-ray again and told me something completely different. Both times he was wrong. To top it off when I got a copy of my records he included a letter from a radiologist saying my x-ray was normal which is not what he told me either time. Also, ultrasound done in his office - done 1/4 of time they usually are and report shows tech could not get clear results. Dr. never bothered following up, just said if he didn't call all was o.k. - it was not. He comes off very competent and caring which is what makes him so dangerous.
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Simon S Lipetz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Simon S Lipetz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.