Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Simon B Rayhanabad has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Simon B Rayhanabad has the following 5 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Varicose Veins
Dr. Simon B Rayhanabad is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
My father, a cancer patient, suffered a stroke and was referred to Dr. Rayhanabad for "low-risk" vascular surgery. During the consultation the doctor said, "if you are not going to live beyond 2 or 3 years why have the surgery?" Really Dr. Rayhanabad! Do you only value lifespans greater than 3 years? Needless to say, my father and I found his comment unprofessional, insensitive, and dissappointing, especially from someone licensed to save lives. Dr. Rayhanabad may very well be an excellent surgeon, however, I would never subject anyone to his poor bedside manners and arrogance.
After being diagnosed with breast cancer, I was very pleased with my first office visit Dr Rayhanabad. He was personable, caring, and seemed to be competent. On the day of my surgery they got a little behind schedule, but when it was my turn Dr Rayhanabad came and got me, and he personally wheeled my bed into the operating room. After reviewing my chart again, he decided to give me local anesthesia instead of general anesthesia because of the stomach problems I had been experiencing. Although it hurt a couple of times, it wasn't bad, and I could hear everything that was going on. He impressed me as being very much in command of the surgical team, he knows what he's doing. I felt I was in good hands the whole time. The best part was that other than the 2-1/2" incision scar, you can't tell I had a lumpectomy. When I visited the Oncologist three weeks after the surgery, she said I needed no further treatments and she considered me cured, and she gave Dr Rayhanabad a big kudos for the breast conserving surgery, job well done!
If you need any kind of general or vascular surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. Rayhanabad. He removed my diseased thyroid and you cannot even see the scar. He is both artist and surgeon. I would highly recommend him. In fact, I did. My husband was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and I insisted he go to Dr. Rayhanabad. Turned out my husband's thyroid cancer had spread close to his larynx. Dr. Rayhanabad stopped the surgery and called in a world renowned specialist surgeon for consultation. He then proceeded to save my husband's voicebox and his life. If you want to feel confident going into surgery, this is your man.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
45 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1973
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Simon B Rayhanabad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Simon B Rayhanabad in this video.
Dr. Simon B Rayhanabad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.