Dr. Adrienne Berard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Adrienne Berard?

Frustrating experience

Posted on December 16th, 2011

Dr Simone Berard seemed nice enough, but the whole situation around her was very unsupportive for my health.She seemed to have no idea or concern as to what a financial burden she was placing me under by sending out for lab tests that weren't covered by my insurance (her office thinks that I should give them a list of what insurance won't cover, rather then them confirming for me what BCBS covers for wellness exams). So basically, whatever she orders I had to pay, without being included at all in the decision making process.Then I was referred out to get x-rays for something. Again, she didn't have any sense of the cost of the services. She sent me to the hospital which charges 2-3x as much for imaging services as a private imaging center. There was no thought about my experience- she likely just assumed that all of her clients have all of their expenses covered by insurance. With my high deductible, her choices led to much burden.I have been dealing with her office for seven months now trying to clean up the billing issues. At first they refused to bill as "wellness" codes despite the fact that BCBS sent me to them for that very service. At my persistence they refiled as wellness codes, and thankful it was accepted by BCBS, but why must the patient get so entrapped in this messy system of greed? I just wanted a doctor to check me out and see if everything looks ok, and I end up with seven months of stress and fear that if I don't pay bills that I never authorized that I will get my credit score damaged.The doctor has a lot of power OVER us, which is not exactly at the root of healing, wellness, and medicine. If they don't use their power judiciously, they can make a lot more money but at our expense. I just made my final call to her office to resolve the last billing issue, and the final conclusion is that I will be paying for a test that Dr Berard order for me without my consent. I have no choice. Next time I need a doctor I will look for one that doesn't work in an organized care center with multiple doctors and factory-like mechanisms. I need a doctor with heart. I need a doctor who values my total well-being. Yes, she was nice. Yes, she may be qualified to give good support in some situations. But in my case, the only part that wasn't negative was that short amount of time that I spent with her in her office. Everything around it has been miserable.

RN and patient

Posted on July 17th, 2009

Upbeat and friendly. Caring manner. Takes time with patient, listening and considering patient's input. Competent but willing to refer when necessary. Perfect for patients who want to be involved in care decisions.

Posted on April 7th, 2017