Dr. Simona Scumpia Is this you?

2.0

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Simona Scumpia?

Not needed procedure= damage

Posted on October 31st, 2017

extra tests for unrelated issues, done procedure at the office that was not needed left me breathing with difficulty for 3 days, no answer until after 1week "must hit a nerve". . left scar tissue for the surgeon to deal with after it was extremely difficult case.

They are unreachable by phone and do not return messages.

Posted on July 19th, 2017

I have tried repeatedly to make contact with Doctor Scumpia's office in regards to a prescription that expired and needed to be renewed. I needed my Dexcom. I was able to talk to a nurse after exhaustive calls and reaching only the voicemail machine. I was told that the prescription had in fact been faxed. I repeated this process 3 times each time assured they had faxed the prescription to Edge park. This was after countless calls and messages and to this day 1 month later the fax was not sent and no one has yet to return my call. I have an appointment now and will get them to fax the prescription while in the office but I will not be going back. It is time for a new Doctor. I am very unhappy with this office. I have been a faithful client and have seen Alexis every 3 months for years. I am done!

Possible the worst Dr I've ever seen

Posted on February 9th, 2017

Orders excessive and unnecessary tests. Curt and unpleasant demeanor--very dismissive with answers. Insists on brand name drug despite extra cost and long history with no problems taking generic alternative. Charges for things other offices do as a courtesy--such as medical records sharing with PCP. Don't waste your time or money--

Excessive tests ordered, insists on brand name despite several yrs on generic with no issues, demeanor is curt and unpleasant

Posted on February 9th, 2017

Nobody cares

Posted on January 23rd, 2017

Posted on October 22nd, 2016

Dr. Scumpia does an excellent job and I appreciate her honesty and straight forward manner. She provides the thorough and comprehensive care that I searched for many years to find. I have had no problems whatsoever with appointments, wait times, billing, or interactions. I have a budget for medical expenses and have been provided with any charges for procedures prior to having them. Honestly, I've found Dr. Scumpia and her staff to be very professional and friendly.

Not a happy camper.

Posted on July 27th, 2016

I thought Dr. Scumpia's evaluation was cursory and dismissive. I have been trying to find someone who would treat my thyroid and metabolism issues seriously, and was told she was the one. I didn't feel that way. She brushed off a couple of my questions until I was quite confrontational, and then was dismissive with another. I'm looking for another doctor, which is why I am on the site. In addition, she said she was changing a prescription, and it took 2 follow-up calls to her office to get the prescription actually sent to the pharmacy. As to accuracy of diagnosis, how would I know. That's why I went to her. I know that I didn't feel she spent time with me and so I'm not confident of her evaluation of my testing and records. She did one test that showed it took 1000 calories more a day than I eat to maintain my body weight. I asked her why I'm not losing weight when I'm clearly on a reducing diet compared to her testing, and she told me that if she knew that she'd be rich and not practicing any more.

Don't go.

Posted on February 25th, 2016

My rating is actually zero stars. I wish I would have read the reviews before I went. Wait time was over an hour for both of my appointments. I cancelled my third appointment 4 days in advance for which I was charged $25. When I called to ask that the cancellation charge be removed, I was VERY RUDELY refused by the billing person. Shoddy business. Don't go there. Oh... and NONE of her recommendations helped!

Posted on October 9th, 2015

I've only seen Dr. Scumpia twice, but so far I'm happy with the care I've received. I feel good knowing she specializes in thyroid conditions.

The best endocrynologist in Austin

Posted on May 20th, 2015

I've been a type 1 diabetic for 26 years. Dr. Scumpia's been my doctor for 20. She is smart, insightful and dedicated to her patients. She is the only doctor I've met who believes the patient knows his/her body better than any doctor can. She listens to what you say. Her initial manner may appear a bit brusque, but she is a caring physician. I would recommend her to anyone with diabetes or thyroid disease.

Posted on February 26th, 2015

Possibly the worst doctor I've ever had to deal with. Incompetent, rude, lazy.

TERRIBLE AND EXPENSIVE

Posted on February 18th, 2015

This physician is one of the worst I've been to. I came in to have my thyroid levels checked and ONLY thyroid (I was diagnosed with Hashimotos 10 years ago). Dr. Scumpia checked me out for about 2 minutes before sending me to have my blood drawn. 2 weeks later, I'm back in her office with a 4 page long bloodwork test. Dr. Scumpia ran $1000 worth of additional bloodwork and did not tell me, and left me with a bill because my insurance didn't pay for all of the bloodwork. I cancelled my next appointment, never want to see her again!