Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Smita B Abraham has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Smita B Abraham has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Smita B Abraham is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
The other reviews couldn't possibly be more inaccurate- Dr.Abraham is wonderful
Self-verified patient of Smita B Abraham - Posted on May 8th, 2012
After several appointments with Dr.Abraham over the course of several months (and working in the medical field myself), I would absolutely recommend her to my family and friends. She has been not only compassionate but has gone above and beyond for me and followed up on my care with calls to my primary care physician, after hour calls to me and has made me feel like a well cared for and thought after patient. Being not just any teaching hospital, but the National Institutes of Health of course she is busy, but she answered every question and concern I could think of! Highly recommended!
Her new name is Dr. Abraham
Self-verified patient of Smita B Abraham - Posted on October 26th, 2011
If you want a cold,uncaring,lazy doctor this is your dream dr..IMO..
Self-verified patient of Smita B Abraham - Posted on July 13th, 2011
I saw this dr at the NIH. She is cold and uncaring. If there is anything she can not figure out she jumps to it being psychological problem. Even with diagnosis sitting in front of her. My experience at the NIH was wonderful except for this. Physician. I wonder why she got in the field of medicine if she doesn't care for her patients. I recommend you run the other way instead of seeing her.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWarren G Magnuson Clinical Center National Institute of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD
Smita B Abraham is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.