Dr. Smita Bijlani Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Smita Bijlani?

Rochester Endocrinology & Diabetes Center is a joke and the staff are absolutely the worst I have encountered at both the Sterling Heights office and Rochester location. They are rude, condescending, lazy and incompetent. They bill insurance companies WRONG and have no desire at all to help you. This facility is not worth your time, I highly advise you to go somewhere else!!!

Love Dr. Bijlani! She is warm, caring and listens my thoughts concerning treatment. She is encouraging and motivates me to take better care of my diabetes! My only complaint is that it is getting increasingly difficult to schedule an appointment--usually 3 months out!

Karen needs to go!

Dr. Bijlani is an excellent doctor. As a matter of fact, I have been to many many doctors and have finally found her to be the best yet. I am quite happy to have found her after many many trials and errors these other so-called, doctors. Her staff on the other hand can use a huge improvement, particularly Karen, the mean witch at the front desk. Karen is extremely rude and dare I say, bipolar/manic. She is an older cranky woman who screams at people for no reason whatsoever and belittles patients when they asks for simple directions. If Karen was out of the picture entirely, then it is definitely worth putting up with to see Dr. Bijlani. Otherwise, just fire Karen completely, she is replaceable.

A Doctor Who Makes A Difference

It was 14 years ago, as a patient at the hospital, when I first met a Doctor BIJLANI. I had been admitted to the hospital because I was in a diabetic coma. She worked with so much skill to regulate my diabetis. Also, diagnosing me with a thyroid condition. She is such a compassionate, kind person, as well.

I love Dr. Bijlani! She has always taken time with me to explain everything thoroughly and to answer all questions. At times, she has called me to give test results. I find her to be a very knowledgeable endocrinologist and trust her completely.

Great caring doc

I decided to switch Endocrinologist when my past doctor was very vague and his staff was awful. I saw Dr. Bijlani has awesome ratings and went myself. She is super thorough and understanding. She takes time to answer your questions, has a great staff, and cares about your follow up. It does take awhile to see her, but that's always a good sign in my opinion. I can't take points off because a doctor is in demand.

getting appointment can take so time. but over all performance fantastic.

Great doctor, if you can see her.

When I initially saw Dr. Bijlani, I was very satisfied and thrilled to have found someone who took such time to listen and who actually called me with test results herself. When I went in for my follow up appointment 6 months later, I didn't get to see her--the nurse practitioner saw me instead. While she was nice, I had specific questions that I wanted to ask an endocrinologist. I was there for thyroid disease, and the nurse practitioner wanted to change my medicine without a blood test--I had to tell her several times that I wanted to be tested on a regular basis before my next appointment in 6 months. So while I really like Dr. Bijlani, I was very disappointed that I didn't actually get to see her and use her expertise as a resource as I navigate my condition.

i waited one year to see this doctor. I had called two months prior to my appt. because I was not feeling well. They told me I had to wait until my yearly appt. I asked them if I was to see the dr. at this appt and not the physician assistant. I was assured that this appointment would be with the doctor, since at my last yearly visit I saw a p.a. The day of my appointment a p.a. (not the same one as the year before) saw me, NOT the dr! She dismissed my symptoms, hurried my appointment and didn't order one of my tests, because it is too expensive. I told her to write a script with my diagnosis on it because it would be covered that certain dx......I will NOT be back........very disappointed and still have not heard back on my labs.

Smita Bijlani

Dr Bijlani is great, she understand patient's situation, explains alternative options, spend time with the patient.

great doctor patient skills! Referred her to other patients

The Best Doctor I've Had In 32 Years of Being A Diabetes Patient

Doctor Bijlani is a great doctor. She is smart, caring and has a good bedside manner. She takes time to explain things and is very accommodating. Dr. Bijlani embraces technology and is on the fore front of technology. I have been with her for about 10 years now and I will never go to another endocrinologist. The last time is was in the office I heard another patient say she was drove 4 hours to see her. When I asked her where she was from she said in Manistee County. She also said that she used to live near by but continues to see Dr. Bijlani because she is the best. I would recommend dr. Bijlani to anyone dealing with diabetes.