Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Smita Gupta has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 20
Visited Dr Gupta for thyroid issues. Waited about 20 minutes for my 1:00 appointment. The office staff and nurses are very friendly and helpful. Dr. Gupta seems competent and knowledgable. As part of my appointment she reveiwed my blood tests, did a hands on examine and asked questions, just what I expected. My one negative would be her seeming unwillingness to discuss treatments options other than those which she suggested. But overall I was pleased with my visit and look forward to working with her to address my issues.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2014, 2015, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
21 Years Experience
Dr Sn Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital
Dr. Smita Gupta accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDiabetes Endocrinology And Metabolism, 2690 S White Rd Ste 50, San Jose, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Smita Gupta in this video.
Dr. Smita Gupta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.