Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Smitha Arekapudi
Dr. Smitha Arekapudi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Evansville, IN, with other offices in Chicago, IL and South Bend, IN . She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Arekapudi is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Of South Bend. Dr. Arekapudi has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Smitha Arekapudi has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Smitha Arekapudi has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Smitha Arekapudi - Posted on November 1st, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Arekapudi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hospital Of South Bend
11 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Smitha Arekapudi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Evansville, IN.