Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Snehal R Sheth MD
Dr. Snehal R Sheth, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Poughkeepsie, NY, with other offices in New Paltz, NY and Kingston, NY . He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Snehal R Sheth has 3 locations
241 North Rd Fl 5
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Book Online Now
Dr. Snehal R Sheth has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Snehal R Sheth has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Snehal R Sheth is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Snehal Sheth horrible care
Self-verified patient of Dr. Snehal R Sheth - Posted on December 2nd, 2017
I agree with the negative reviews of this guy.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Snehal R Sheth - Posted on May 27th, 2016
DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD TO THIS DOCTOR NO MATTER WHERE HE PRACTICES
Self-verified patient of Dr. Snehal R Sheth - Posted on June 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Snehal R Sheth - Posted on April 1st, 2014
Racially profiles patients, uses prejudicial diagnosis, and actually very little in the way of Psychology or Psychiatry. He was so bad, I cannot believe St Francis gives him patients, especially young people. He is more concerned about insurance coverage than helping a struggling individual. Horrible experience. Worst Doc ever.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Snehal R Sheth - Posted on October 20th, 2013
29 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1989
New York Medical College
Dr. Snehal R Sheth Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Locations & Directions
Dr. Snehal R Sheth is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Poughkeepsie, NY.