More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sofia S Khan has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 13
We DO recommend Dr. Kahn and Pediatric Associates - she is knowledgeable, very efficient and great with children of all ages. We couldn't have higher praise for her or her staff. However... My son is very high functioning ASD and his issues are among the more complex - nobody can figure him out including the area's highest-rated pediatric neurologist, the battalions of school specialists with all of their specialties and training (Broward School District has been exceptional), psychologists, and even a psychiatrist to evaluate whether medication would be appropriate. All say "no" in his case but Dr. Kahn seems to get exasperated when we (I) challenge her on her opinion. In our last appointment she wouldn't even look at me or say goodbye when I insisted that she go with the other specialists in ruling out endocrinology issues. Now, understand that I am not a huge fan of anyone who jumps to meds without tests - I know all too well the disaster the wrong drugs can be for a small child. She was the first to start us down the path of medication when he was three or four, way before he was old enough to evaluate with any reliability. Every other expert says that his ASD issues will not be addressed with meds, and when we took the recent advice of several to rule out physical issues now that he's a little older - including endocrinology - she gave us the, "I've been doing this more than 25 years" lecture. You may hear that lecture too, and when you do, stop - I do not believe she is entirely rational after that point. I as a bit exasperated after a morning waiting in doctor's offices with a child growing more and more impatient himself, so when she began to explain how we would be wasting our time I asked her if she would like to call the pediatric neurologist, our psychologist, and the Broward School District psychologist and crisis intervention specialist she shut down. She seems to realize that she is not just treating a child but a family, so I don't know where this behavior comes from. It's not rational. I'm a parent, and I do not want to try meds on our child until we find one suitable. I'd really like to avoid them at all but when experts agree or there is something we KNOW that can be supported by medication then I'm for it. I just don't like the "we'll try until we get it right" approach that she seems to be behind. What IS that??? So, keep in mind that she is who she is, great in her area in our experience, but very opinionated and relies on her "more than 25 years of experience" rather than empirical testing and careful evaluation. UGH... I hope I've conveyed a fair observation. Yes, I do recommend her, no, I do not recommend you take everything she says without a second opinion.
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Sofia S Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Associates, 1835 N Corporate Lakes Blvd, Weston, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sofia S Khan in this video.
Dr. Sofia S Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Weston, FL.