More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sofia Shapiro
Dr. Sofia Shapiro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in Katonah, NY and Katonah, NY (and 1 other location). She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Sofia Shapiro has 4 locations
111 Bedford Rd Fl 2
Katonah, NY 10536
1825 Commerce St
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Book Online Now
Dr. Sofia Shapiro has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sofia Shapiro has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Sofia Shapiro is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sofia Shapiro - Posted on December 30th, 2015
I feel like we lucked out when we found Dr. Shapiro! She is kind and understanding and treated my daughter with respect and honesty and not like she was someone who would not understand what was going on. She did not talk over either of our heads. She returns phone calls in a timely matter and it is her on the phone!! This was the best part because I can literally not recall a doctor ever calling me with results and taking the time to explain everything. I highly recommend Dr. Shapiro for any endocrinology issues for your child. We absolutely loved her.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sofia Shapiro - Posted on February 15th, 2013
Dr. Shapiro is professional, caring, and very knowledgable! She made a noticeable effort to make my daughter feel comfortable with her and spent a lot of time with us to answer all our questions. Her nurse was very nice as well. We were very fortunate to find her. I very highly recommend her.
Sweet, smart and professional
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sofia Shapiro - Posted on June 6th, 2011
14 Years Experience
- Mt Sinai School Medicine
Dr. Sofia Shapiro Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sofia Shapiro is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.