Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sofia M Weigel has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Chronic Pain
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I went to dr. weigel for an eval exam to determine whether I had a tear in my knee. After waiting 2 hrs to see this doctor she examined me, then told me I had a tear in my knee. One of the exames she performed sent sharp pains shooting through my body. The next day I called her office to inform her of the pain I was experiencing. I left a message for her to return my call which I never received. When my Lawyer received the report it was the complete opposite of what dr. weigel told me in the exam room. This doctor is completely unprofessional and untrusthworthy.
I was sent to Dr. Weigel by my company to have a Fit for Duty exam to determine eligibility for return to work. She spoke with me and gave me the impression that I was ok to return. I did the physical portion of the test and it was up to Dr. Weigel to determine if I could return to full duty. They gave me a report first off that had other patient's names and then gave me a 3 month restriction based on things that didn't even pertain to my job. I am a receptionist and they tested me on lifting and other physical activities. Very poor judgment! Now, all my medical doctors have released me for full duty but since this doctor hasn't my short/long term insurance company has denied my pay. That leaves me off work with no pay! Not a happy customer! I would never recommend her to anyone!
26 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1992
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Sofia M Weigel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sofia M Weigel is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Dallas, TX.