Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sohair K Rostom has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sohair K Rostom has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Sohair K Rostom has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Rostom has been our doctor for nearly 20 years and we have been happy with her care. Three years ago she suspected my husband had a heart problem even though he had no chest pain or usual symptoms. Long story short, she saved his life through early intervention and referral to a cardiologist and a cardiac surgeon. He had double bypass surgery within one week of diagnosis and has done well since.. As a retired nurse, I have high standards, and I recommend Dr. Rostom to anyone looking for an excellent physician.
Terrible dr. gave my mom the worst treatment ever. always brushed her off just by putting her on meds all the time. Never did what she said. always asked me to remind her on next visits what to check or do. her improper diagnosis resulted in my moms passing.
D. Sohair has been my doctor for many years. When I found a lump in my breast, she got me in the morning I called. Mammogram and ultrasound immediately and biopsy the same week. Thanks to her quick action, my treatment started early and she was there every step of the way. There is usually a wait to get back, but once there, she gives you all the time you need. She is one in a million and I am so glad that she is my doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rostom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Elizabeth Health Center
Dr. Sohair K Rostom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTrumbull Mahoning Med Group, 2600 Elm Rd NE, Cortland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sohair K Rostom in this video.
Dr. Sohair K Rostom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cortland, OH.