Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sol N Mora
Dr. Sol N Mora, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fishkill, NY. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Mora is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Sol N Mora has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr Mora seems to have way too many patients. Like someone else wrote, we have waited for over a month to get paper work to get my mother into a nursing home. Several times she almost ran out of medicine due to no response back from Dr Mora or his assistant. We basically had to go the office and demand that someone talks to us. He has NO bed side manners at all.
As the other comment wrote Dr. Mora put a name on my disease and started me being treated right away. I have MS and other Dr's didnt want to commit to this diagnosis and do something . I have waited in the office awhile but I know its because Dr.Mora is giving someone else all the time they need. If I have an emergency I am seen right away or sent to our local hospital and seen right away.
This Dr. spent plenty of time with me and diagnosed me with something more than a handfull of others couldn't- at least until they heard HIS OPINION. It's because of Dr. Mora I am being treated for what IS wrong. I'm only sorry it took me about 8 years to find him- my life could've been much easier if I had seen him sooner. Great physician!
Dr. Mora is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Sol N Mora accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMid Hudson Medical Group, 600 Westage Business Ctr Dr, Fishkill, NY
Dr. Sol N Mora is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fishkill, NY.