Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Soma Sinha Roy
Dr. Soma Sinha Roy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurological Surgery and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Sinha Roy is affiliated with Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Presence St Joseph Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Soma Sinha Roy has the following 2 specialties
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Soma Sinha Roy has the following 10 expertise
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Tumor
- Internal Carotid Artery Dissection
Dr. Soma Sinha Roy has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Soma Sinha Roy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Sinha Roy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Childrens Hospital of Chicago
Provena St Joseph Medical Center
University of Illinois-Chicago
University Of Illinois Medical Center At Chicago
Provena Saint Joseph Hospital
Resurrection Medical Center
18 Years Experience
University of North Carolina
Graduated in 1995
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Soma Sinha Roy in this video.
Dr. Soma Sinha Roy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.