Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Soman M Wong has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
Showing 5 of 30
During my 2 pregnancies, I had seen Dr. Wong and her partner, Dr. Tun many times. At such time, I was alternating seeing both doctors during the whole pregnancy because you don't know which doctor will be on call on the day of your delivery. Dr. Wong is sweet, wonderful and very professional. She listens to you, asks you if you have any concerns or questions and explains well in detail. You may have a bit of difficulty scheduling an appointment because her office is very busy, so the staff is a bit overworked but they're trying to help but to be rude. I'm very happy with them and would recommend to anyone else. Down side is their office doesn't take ObamaCare or low-income insurance from gov't. Only commercial insurance.
Dr. Wong has great bedside manner. The staff is horrible. Maybe they are overworked due to Dr. Wong's popularity but they seem to not want new patients. Dr. Wong may not be the one to deliver your baby depending on time/day you go into labor. When calling for an appointment they give you the impression that you should not come in by belittle & dismissing your concerns. If you have any issues, you are told rather rudely "to move on" to another ob/gyn.
Dr Wong herself is a good doctor, making us feel welcome and keeping us informed.There is one woman on her staff, however, that is beyond rude. The chubby woman at the front desk informed us that husbands can only go with their wives to see the doctor 3 times during their entire pregnancy. Since this is my first child, and I would like to be an involved father, I thought this was ludicrous. The woman would not let me talk to the doctor or otherwise question this 'policy.' If this is indeed, true, I am afraid we will have to find another doctor.
Dr. Wong is a very friendly and professional doctor. She is a very patient doctor. Also, she is a very experienced doctor to help you give birth to your child. I had my 2 sons who are deliveried in the past 2 years under a very calm situation. It is very important that you need to find a doctor who is helpful and have lots of experience. Dr. Wong is the one....... I am glad that she is my OBGYN doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2009, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2010, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1991
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Soman M Wong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSoman Mary Wong Md, 139 Centre St Ste 809, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Soman M Wong in this video.
Dr. Soman M Wong is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New York, NY.