Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Somnath B Ghosh has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Showing 5 of 5
I was 66 years old when this young Indian man was assigned to be my primary care physician in Baltimore. Thanks to him I just celebrated my 69th birthday with my grandkids! Thanks to his exceptional physical exam he detected an abnormal lung sound and ordered an xray. He saw a subtle change and wanted to press ahead with a CT scan. He helped me get financial help for the CT as I did not have insurance. Meanwhile he forwarned me arrange for insurance. Sure enough I did need it. I had lung cancer. He arranged for biopsies and scheduled the surgery. Thankfully the cancer was the resectable kind and had not spread. They removed half my right lung but gave me my life back. He explained every bit of the process and while being empathetic, he was careful to give me accurate details and prognosis and possible outcomes. He visited me everyday when I was in the hospital and I made a complete recovery. I was heartbroken to learn that he graduated and would be leaving (he was in a 3-year residency program) but I am happy for him because he told me was going to specialize in lung medicine and critical care medicine. Even though I miss him, I know he will touch a lot of lives out there. Thank you Good Samaritan Hospital for giving me Dr. Ghosh.
15 Years Experience
Bj Medical College
Graduated in 2003
Good Samaritan Hospital Of Md
Dr. Somnath B Ghosh accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAsante Rogue Regional Medical Center, 2825 E Barnett Rd, Medford, OR
Dr. Somnath B Ghosh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Medford, OR.