Have you seen Dr. Son T Nguyen?

Disatified

I was referred to Dr Nguyen by my primary care doctor for persistent blood in my urine with no apparent stone or UTI. I called to make an appointment and was told that theirs is a very busy office. He saw me three weeks later for a consultation and scheduled a cystoscopy for 3 weeks following. I continued to have pain and bleeding and called his office to move appointment up by one week and again was told that they could not make the appt any earlier because they are a very busy office. I was quite insistent and told them to put me where they put emergencies so they did schedule me for 8 days after that phone call. He performed the procedure and said it was bladder cancer and he would schedule to remove it ASAP. I asked about biopsy and he just stated”no it is cancer”. He performed surgery 3 days later T SMMC day surgery. The time allotted for my surgery was one hour. Which I commented to the day nurse that it didn’t seem like enough time to do what he had said he was going to do. It took him 40 minutes and as far as I can tell what he did was a biopsy. He did not remove cancer. I was to be sent home with a catheter and he informed my family that it could come out the following Wednesday and that we could remove it at home as he has a very busy office. They declined to do this and were told to call the office when we got home to schedule an appt for removal. I did this as soon as I got home and was told that he was completely booked and could not see me that day. Again, I was quite insistent and they did book me for an appt. One hour before my appt time I received a call from his office that they had lost electrical power in their Bldg and would need to cancel my appt. I said I needed the catheter removed and was again told I could pull it out myself. I asked about the balloon that would need to be deflated in order to remove it and the woman simply said”oh yeah”. There was no mention of a syringe to deflate balloon. I ended up at SMMC to have it removed and the doctor and nurse there were quite surprised that I was told to simply pull it out. He performed the procedure on Aug 17. Today is Aug 27 and I have yet to receive a call to let me know what the biopsy results were or to reschedule an appt with him. This is the poorest patient care I have ever received from a doctors office and certainly would not recommend this practice to anyone. Obviously I did see another doctor last Thurs and he did give me my biopsy results and has scheduled surgery for removal of cancer.

Excellent Care and Treatment !

Last year I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer and complications. All my live I had enjoyed great health and boundless energy. Now, I found myself hospitalized and barely able to walk. By the luck of the draw (or more likely, divine intervention), Dr. Nguyen headed up the team of physicians who diagnosed and treated my conditions with efficiency, care and encouragement. He communicates in a very gentle and respectful manner with my family and other medical professionals, and it is apparent that the respect is mutual. I feel extremely fortunate that Dr. Nguyen has, among other facilities, affiliation with Shawnee Mission Health Center. The help I have received at EVERY level has been exceptional. The same applies to all personnel in his office, Kansas City Urology Care. Yes ... there have been a few occasions when my "wait time" seemed a little long, but I know that the patients ahead of me are getting the best attention, and all of their concerns are being addressed. Besides, I am always with my totally supportive life partner, and I can relish the quiet time I have with her. With any major illness people are bound to be concerned with the financial issues. I am no exception. This is my first experience with Medicare, my only health coverage. As the "system" reduces in instances compensation for his legitimate services to a pittance. It is evident that Dr. Nguyen, a demonstrably skilled physician, has always put my welfare above his own financial interests. He has never once complained about the unfairness as I see it, but he assures me that his first consideration is for my health. I truly believe that he has the heart of a servant. Finally, when your daily routine is turned topsy-turvy by sickness it is sometime enough just to take your medicine and get your needed rest. You tend to forget to thank those who have given so much on a daily basis to help you not only to survive ... but to thrive. Thank you Dr. Son Nguyen

I love Dr. Nguyen! He is AWESOME!

Dr. Son T Nguyen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lenexa, KS.

Dr. Son T Nguyen Is this you?