Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sonia Y Liu has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
My regular doctor was fully booked and I was dealing with an intense amount of pain, so I was booked with Dr. Liu. I did not have to wait long to see her and she was very very patient with my questions and was thorough with her own questions. Despite my pain, she made me feel as comfortable as possible with her examination and gave me a lot of explanation on her diagnosis. The day after my visit, she even gave me a call to see how I was feeling. Later, I had a few questions for her and she promptly replied via the My Health Online portal. Finally, after my test results, she sent me a follow up email and final diagnosis. If I already did not have an assigned doctor whom I liked, I'd switch to Dr. Lui in a heartbeat.
I got an appointment from Doctor Sonia within a month. She was very gentle, patient, explained everything she was doing, and took time to answer my questions. Also, she went through my blood test results and called me immediately to inform me of the little abnormalities I had. She listened carefully to everything I had to say, and ordered the right tests.
Dr. Liu was so on-the ball efficient without feeling like she was rushing me. She asked in-depth questions and treated me from a holistic perspective rather than just the symptoms. I am 47 and by far, Dr. Liu is my favorite doctor of all time. And I have lived all over the country. She wins my Favorite Doctor award.
Dr. Liu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Sonia Y Liu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPalo Alto Medical Foundation Mountain View Center, 701 E El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA
Dr. Sonia Y Liu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mountain View, CA.