Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sonia M Ruiz has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 27
I was referred to this office by my health insurance company. I was happy because the office is very close to where I live. I was greeted by the nicest girl she was amazing, really helped and made me feel welcomed I wish I remembered her name she has red hair. All of the girls at that office were extremely polite even offered my son some juice while we waited! When we got to the room I heard the doctor screaming at an employee and talking down to her, even as the employee tried explaining she had what she was looking for in her hands!! There was another family in front of that poor girl while she was being yelled at. Surprisingly she kept her cool and still managed to smile as we were leaving. The doctor was very abrupt when I asked her a question and talked to me as if I was an idiot. She was rude to the other girl that was giving me the prescriptions. I feel so sorry for them. I'm never going back.
Dr. Ruiz has been the pediatrician for our 3 kids all their lives and they love her. She's very experienced and really goes all out to take care of her patients. I credit her for saving my sons life and am eternally grateful. She is very prompt with answering after hours emergency calls. She WILL fight on your children's behalf with other professionals or the insurance company to ensure they get the treatment they need, and she will tell you like it is. She's tough when she needs to be, but she is also a deeply spiritual person.
Dr. Ruiz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
All Childrens Hospital
Dr. Sonia M Ruiz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBloomingdale Pediatric Associates, 4316 Bell Shoals Rd, Valrico, FL
Dr. Sonia M Ruiz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valrico, FL.