Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Sonia S Jauhar has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sonia S Jauhar has the following 14 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Parathyroid Diseases
Dr. Sonia S Jauhar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 7
I am a patient of of Dr. Sonia Jauhar for almost 3 years now. Through these years , she is very thorough in her examination and spends reasonable time with me as a patient. She is very accurate in her diagnosis. She makes me feel at ease and always makes an appropriate follow-up. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for her kind of specialty.
18 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Sonia S Jauhar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsDr Daniel Galvin Do Pllc, 10 Medical Plz Ste 302, Glen Cove, NY
Dr. Sonia S Jauhar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Cove, NY.