Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Sonika Anand
Dr. Sonika Anand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Anand is affiliated with Loyola University Medical Center. Dr. Anand has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sonika Anand has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Sonika Anand has the following 12 expertise
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
- Dementia Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
Dr. Sonika Anand has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Sonika Anand is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 15
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Anand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Dayanand Medical College
Graduated in 2000
St Joseph Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLoyola At Oakbrook Terrace, 1S224 Summit Ave Ste 101, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sonika Anand, MD - Geriatric Medicine in Oakbrook Terrace, IL, in this video.
Dr. Sonika Anand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakbrook Terrace, IL.