Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sonja B Gray has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Sonja B Gray has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Sonja B Gray has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Sonja B Gray is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Good doctor if you care about your health
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sonja B Gray - Posted on September 13th, 2013
Dr. Gray will screen appointments and make sure your insurance is compatible. She is very cautious with medications and will not refill if you are not seen for appropriate medical management. She was always on time or a few minutes late. Warm and took time in follow up visits. She knows what is going on in my life and she is not just a medication dispenser. I thinks she is wonderful
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sonja B Gray - Posted on April 16th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sonja B Gray - Posted on September 25th, 2012
Professional setting and courteous staff. On occasion if dealing with an emergency Dr. Gray will run late but when I was in crisis, she made sure I had a safe plan before I left the office. She is compassionate and Ivy league trained. Doctors that only run on time may not address all of your concerns and I prefer to get the help that I am seeking. Thanks for the personal attention.
Unprofessional, Cold and Uncaring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sonja B Gray - Posted on July 24th, 2011
She is absolutely horrible. I wouldn't recommend her as a veterinarian. She won't return calls or do checkups after diagnosing medication. She has her unskilled staff call back, and when you ask a question they are unqualified to answer, they have you on hold so they can ask her. She won't even come to the phone. The scheduled times are always off, and if you have an emergency and try to cancel an appt, it's a 100 cancellation fee, according to her staff, which is ridiculous. You go in for your scheduled time and she's already taken someone else in your slot. They expect that, with an emergency, you'll sit there for another 45 minutes. The staff is cold and uncaring, and as I stated, she won't contact you back if you call. I've never been to a doctor as unprofessional and uncaring as Dr. Gray. All she sees is dollar signs.
30 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1988
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Sonja B Gray accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sonja B Gray is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Providence, NJ.