Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sonja J Hughes
Dr. Sonja J Hughes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Hughes is affiliated with AllianceHealth Midwest and Norman Regional (Main Campus). Dr. Hughes has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Sonja J Hughes has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Urinary Incontinence
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I requested to become a patient of Dr. Hughes when I was seeing Dr. Housk (same Integris network) and did not enjoy his "bedside manner". She was very welcoming and easy to talk to. I felt like she listened to me and answered any and all questions that I had without feeling rushed. Her staff has been pleasant to communicate with and the office and waiting areas are always very clean and comfortable. I ma happy with my decision to change gynecologist
I do NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. Very ruff with me and I had a miscarriage and she was not comforting at all, she just gave me paper work and sent me on my way. She even got mad when I asked to have a second ultrasound before the miscarriage. She doesn't let no one (like nurses) in the room while she checks you, which I thought was weird. Every other doctor I had always had someone else in the room, while they did a physical check. One of the worst experiences of my life!!!
After a horrible experience with the man dr i used for my son, i went with Dr. Hughes for my daughters delivery.She took such good care of me during the pregnancy and after the delivery. She spent extra time with us at the hospital when my daughter was in the nicu for breathing issues. She went above and beyond and I am so thankful for her!!
Dr. Hughes has been my obgyn for more then 8yrs, delivered 2 of my children and is now caring for me during this high risk pregnancy. She and her staff have always been kind, caring and promp on understanding me as a person and my needs as a patient. I am very lucky to have such a great doctor!!!
Dr. Hughes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1995
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Sonja J Hughes accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSonja J Hughes Md, 10525 Creek Meadow Dr, Oklahoma City, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sonja J Hughes in this video.
Dr. Sonja J Hughes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.