Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sonja S Krafcik
Dr. Sonja S Krafcik, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Laguna Niguel, CA. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Krafcik is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Krafcik has received 5 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sonja S Krafcik has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Dr Krafcik has been my doctor for 10 years! She is an excellent doctor! I moved out of Orange County and I drive a distance to see her! I will never change doctors....it's not everyday when you find a doctor as caring and personable as Dr Krafcik. What doctor responds to your emails or refills your prescriptions over the weekend. She is available 24/7! Never thought I would say I love my doctor, but I love Dr Krafcik, she is one in a million!
I would like to file an official complaint regarding Sonja Krafcik--Internal Medicine doctor. I called to ask about making an appointment. I spoke to a woman by the name of Susan. She said they were not taking any new patients, they only take Aetna HMO and not PPO, and only take patients 65 years and older. So I asked if there were any doctors she could refer me to as I am new to the area, she said no, and then proceded to hang up on me. I called back and she told me to "get a life" because I had called back. Then she hung on me again. I then called to speak to the doctor as her behavior was completely unprofessional. The doctor then informed me that they were not taking any new patients and was extremely rude and did not apologize whatsoever regarding her assistant's behavior of hanging up the phone twice. I understand if they may have been busy but that is no way to treat people. Dr. Krafcik then stated that there was no "Susan" there. So why did the woman I speak to say her name was Susan? Very disappointed and I explained to the doctor that she and the person that answered the phone were extremely unprofessional and it was unfortunate that she runs her office that way.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2016, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2012, 2009, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2013, 2012, 2015, 2014, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Krafcik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Michigan
Dr. Sonja S Krafcik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIndividual Ppo Contract, 25500 Rancho Niguel Rd Ste 250, Laguna Niguel, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sonja S Krafcik in this video.
Dr. Sonja S Krafcik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Niguel, CA.